Here is the recipe and the link for southern living.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake
- Parchment paper
- Devil's Food Cake Batter ( I used a box cake mix)
- 1/2 gal. mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 10 chocolate wafers, coarsely crushed
- Chocolate Ganache
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream, thin crème de menthe chocolate mints
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º. Grease and flour 3 (8-inch) round cake pans. Line with parchment paper. Prepare Devil's Food Cake Batter, and spoon into pans.
- 2. Bake at 350º for 12 to 14 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, peel off parchment paper, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
- 3. Place 1 cake layer in a 9-inch springform pan. Top with one-third of ice cream (about 2 1/3 cups); sprinkle with half of crushed wafers. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining cake layer and ice cream. Freeze 8 to 12 hours.
- 4. Remove cake from springform pan, and place on a cake stand or plate. Prepare Chocolate Ganache, and spread over top of ice-cream cake. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.