Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Cupcakes in a Jar

I thought it would be fun to send college boy some homemade goodies and I came across this recipe online.


Peanut Butter Cupcakes in a Jar


First, you need some 8 oz. canning jars.  These are the wide mouth ones, so they are short and squat.  Grease with shortening or spray with cooking spray.  Preheat oven to 350 F.  
 Then make your peanut butter mixture.  I thought this would be super complicated.  It's not!  It is just peanut butter and powdered sugar.  Mix well.
 Next, make your cupcake batter.  I cheated and just used a devil's food mix.  You can use your favorite recipe for chocolate cupcakes,  if you want.
 Fill each jar with 3-4 tablespoons of cake batter.  
 Then add a scoop of the peanut butter goodness.  About a 2 inch ball.  It should look like this.
 Then add a few more tablespoons of batter on top of the peanut butter stuff.
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until the top springs back when you touch it. 
And then...
I should have a picture of the finished product here, but I forgot to take one.   When they come out of the oven, you could frost them, or pour melted Dove chocolate over them.  I topped them with chocolate chips, thinking that they would melt and spread.  Didn't happen.  So next time, Dove chocolate it is!  They were still pretty tasty!  And I was able to just twist on the lids, wrap them in bubble wrap and mail in a flat rate box.  That is important, since they were heavy and I didn't want to spend 40 dollars on shipping!


Here is the complete recipe:

12 8 oz canning jars with lids
Canola oil spray
8 oz. peanut butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 recipe cupcake batter
8-10 oz dark chocolate

Preheat oven to 350.  Spray the inside of the jars with oil.  Mix peanut butter and sugar until smooth.  Roll or scoop into 2 inch balls.  Scoop 3-4 T batter into each jar, then the peanut butter ball, then top with 2-3 T. batter.  Bake on cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes.  Remove and put chocolate on top.  Spread.

1 comments:

Marianne said...

These are SO cute, and look SO delicious. I think I'd better pop over and see how Andy's doing....