Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Things I Cannot Live Without

...well, I could, but who wants to?
(in no particular order, except for the way they came into my mind)
1.  A good mattress--let's face it, we spend a third of our lives there!  It should be good!
2.  Chocolate--in many different forms.  Cheesecake is a good one.  So is a Cadbury Fruit and Nut Bar.
3.  Diet Coke--I was never a soda drinker.  In fact, I once got in an argument with dad p over whether or not Pres. Hinckley meant to say that we don't use any caffeine in a tv interview.  Of course, that was before I had babies 3 and 4, and found myself driving them around in a state of narcolepsy.  Enter Diet Coke.  Now, it is just an addiction.  I admit it.  I don't care.
4.  My husband--Last night for my scripture study I read one of Pres. Monson's talks from general conference.  He talked about how we should be fiercely loyal to our spouses.  (Why isn't it spice?  Mouse/ mice, spouse/spice.  Just sayin!)  I may not be the best wife ever, but I married the best guy ever and that makes up the difference.  And we have a plaque in our room that says, "I chose my love; I love my choice."  Still do.  After 19 years.  
5.  Target--Do I really need to elaborate on this?  I think it is because the whole store is eye candy for me.  It is RED--my favorite color.  They have so many cute things--even ordinary things can make you smile if they are cute!  Like hand towels, or kitchen rugs, or shower curtains, which I use as tablecloths because we have a square table.
6.  Silence--I don't know if I will ever have enough of this.
7.  Clean sheets--Especially if they were dried in the sun.   Mmmm.  That doesn't happen very often out here.  It is too windy, humid, dusty, etc.
8.  The smell of something baking--currently, it is pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
9.  Exercise--If I don't sweat a little, I am just grumpier.  Everyone likes me better when I have gone to the gym that day.
10.  My children, although I hope that one day they won't actually LIVE with us anymore!
11.  Really scary and crazy murder mystery/thrillers--Reading about complete psychopaths makes me feel like not such a bad human being.  Plus, I love the puzzles.  And the twists.  And the surprise ending.  But mostly I love thinking, " well, at least I didn't kill anyone and then mail little pieces of them to their family today."  Sometimes that is the only good thing I can think about myself.
12.  My sister--My mom always said how much she wished she had a sister.  I have one.  My girls have two.  Can you have too many?  I love that I can call my sis in mid-rant and she instantly knows what is going on!  Plus, I don't have to explain my crazy family to her.  Or my kids.  Or my military lifestyle.  And she sends me cute packages.  Always with chocolate.
13.  A great hairdresser--I love it when you can walk in and say, "Just do something"  and it turns out fabulous!  Brandy is like that!  Want her number?
14.  DVR--Seriously.  Who can stand to watch commercials?  I love that I can watch 10 episodes of Frasier in a row.  Or save my crazy murder shows for when my husband isn't home.  He doesn't get as much enjoyment out of them.  Probably because he doesn't need to compare himself to lunatics to feel better!  :)
15.  Air conditioning--I know our electric bill was over 400 for the months of July, August, and I  am betting September.  But we had to live without power/air conditioning for 24 hours.  It is SO worth the money.
16.  Pajamas--I have a fetish.  Or an obsession.  What is the difference?  Psych class was a long time ago.  Anyway, I own a ridiculous amount of pjs.  Yet when I go to Target, I want to buy pjs.  If I don't buy pjs, I buy yoga pants.  Or sweats.  Yep, I am that girl from What Not To Wear.  The one who always looks frumpy.  I just want to be comfortable.  Or I am just tired.

I am sure I have many more items to add, but it is time to feed the monkeys and head out the door to see #13!  

1 comments:

Marianne said...

I love your list. I love your sense of humor, and your honesty!!

Hmmm.

I guess I just love YOU!!

(OH. P.S. I also loved the comment you left on Kate's blog. Thank you!!!)