Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Another consideration for my mother of the year nomination...

Yes, I know some of you are shocked, but I definitely don't fall in the mother of the year category :). Mostly because I am a lunatic. Here is yet another example of why I won't be making the nominations list.

Last night I was at the KFC drive thru with the little ones. Vaughn was night flying and Andy and Rachel went to Tulsa for some away games. We waited an inordinately long time for the lady in front of us to get her order. The girls thought they would pass the time by reading all the signs they could see. Good practice, right? It was all going swimmingly, when they decided to play word games with the signs. Like Kmart, became KKart. And Kentucky Fried Chicken became Kenfrucky Fried Fricken. You can see where this is headed, can't you? Well, I could, too, and I tried to head them off at the pass. "Look, what is that sign across the street?" Eventually, the dreaded word tripped off the tongues of my innocent little girls. I HAD to intervene. I gently explained to them that they had inadvertently said a bad word. Ellie asked, "What bad word?" I had to spell it for her. And then tell her to never say it again.

This morning, when I was recounting this hair-raising parental experience for my husband, he looked at me and said,"So, you taught the girls the f-word last night, huh?" AAAGGGGHHHH!

1 comments:

Marianne said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha!! Way to go, Tam!! At least you were trying to teach them NOT to say it! We were singing the Name Game song with Isaac when I wasn't quick enough to change the word from 'truck.' The big kids all got a good laugh out of that one....