Sunday, April 6, 2014



So I took a HUGE blogging break. I have no idea what happened...just crazy busy!  I thought I would catch up by posting some of the fun packages I sent Andy this past year.  Maybe I'll get them done before he comes home!  

This is one idea I had seen in several different places on the web.  I loved the idea of sending him a box of sunshine, and I think I sent it as they were heading into winter on that side of the planet. 

I bought everything I could find that was yellow, edible, non-perishable, and possibly useful to a missionary.  This is what I came up with:  

and this:

this:

this:

and this:

Because the only thing better than cereal, is cereal in a little box. That cost 95.00 to ship. That makes it extra yummy. :) 

I just threw it all in a box, blew up some balloons as padding, and topped it with this cute sign! 
 



I think I got this as a freebie from some super creative gal.  I can't find the exact link, but here from funky polka dot giraffe are some other super cute printables.  And you can use these this one from crafty teacher lady. I know that boys don't really care about this stuff, but I like to put a little extra effort into my care packages.  I think it's my way of trying to send my love, support, worries, and prayers without words. Because I think cereal and peanut butter help remind missionaries of a home where there are hundreds of prayers being said for them everyday.   Plus, someone has to keep the post office in business, right?

0 comments: