Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Crafts in the Car

So if you are anything like me, you spend a lot of time in the car. A lot of that time is spent waiting. And waiting. And waiting. I usually read or check email or make phone calls---okay, actually I spend a lot of that time on Pinterest! Anyway, I thought I would see if I could get a little crafting done!

My first project: a balloon wreath! This is part of a much bigger project I am working on- check back later! I have seen several versions of this on the Internet. This is how I made mine.
First, take a straw wreath. Do not remove the plastic! Next, you need about 150-200 12" balloons. Also, a couple of packs of greening or floral pins. They are u-shaped wires.

this is a closeup of the pins


Take a balloon and a greening pin. Place the balloon on the wreath and push a pin into the wreath to keep it in place. The pin shouldn't go through the plastic of the balloon, but the wires should go on either side of the balloon.
If you look closely, you can see the wire around the balloons.  You can do them two at a time, if you want.  I actually only did a few that way, and then switched to just one balloon per pin, because I wanted the flexibility of placing each balloon at a different angle.  Place the balloons every which way until it gets nice and full!  



It is starting look like a wreath!  See, I told you I was in my car!




Here is the finished product!  It really only took me about an hour!  I added some curly ribbon and a bow to finish it off! It would be fun to make this in colors to match your house, or your party decor.  
This was so much fun, I just might keep doing crafts in the car!

1 comments:

Marianne said...

THAT IS SO CUTE!!!!

Tami, you have no idea how jealous I am of your skillz, and the fact that you have the time to do things like this. I love your creations and your style, so it's just super fun to see the cute things you come up with.

But now I'm intrigued...what is the much bigger project???