Friday, October 19, 2012

Another craft in the car!


I am back with another fun craft in the car!  I was still working on my huge project, so I needed every spare minute of crafting I could squeeze in.  This project:  a mini pinata!  Here is what you need:

Tissue paper.




Twine-doesn't matter what color. 
 It will be hidden.





Cardstock


Super tacky glue, scissors.




something to fill the pinata with


This cone pattern,  you can get it here
Cut two cones, one of each color of cardstock.
Fold the tab.

Roll the cardstock into cone shape,
 gluing along the tab.

Repeat, so that you have two cones.





Fill the cone with your choice of candy.



Glue the cones together.  This step is messy and awkward, unless
your cones are perfect.  Mine weren't, so I just held it together until
the glue set, about 2-3 minutes.

Cut a strip of tissue paper, about 2 inches wide and long enough to wrap around the middle of the pinata.
Fold in half lengthwise.  Dot some glue every couple of centimeters along the fold.  Cut a piece of twine
about 4 inches longer than the tissue paper.  Place in the crease, and fold over the tissue.  

It should look like this.



Take the scissors, and cut from the outside edge of the tissue
about 3/4 of the way to the fold, creating a fringe.
Repeat with another color of tissue.  Glue them around the
pinata to hide the seam.  





Ta da!  A super cute, mini pinata!  
Just don't use a big stick to hit it!  Maybe a spoon?


1 comments:

brittanymlemay said...

This is my first time visit here. From the tons of comments on your articles,I guess I am not only one having all the enjoyment right here! semi truck stickers