We are plugging along. I came home to an interesting smell yesterday. Apparently, while I was getting my hair done, Andy decided to bake some cinnamon rolls. You know, the Rhodes kind in the aluminum foil pan. It would have been great, but he put them in the Microwave! for 30 minutes! I guess after ten minutes, he was notified of the smoke spewing from the microwave by Ellie. He decided that he had made a mistake and decided to try another batch, this time shortening the cook time to 10 minutes--but wait, they went right back into the microwave! Needless to say, our house is still smelling a little bit like a fire. :) I think we are going to have some serious cooking lessons for the next couple of years. Hopefully, we will have a smoke free week! (Why doesn't any of this stuff happen when Vaughn is here? Hmm...)
This is what happens when your 5-year-old gets hold of your brand new stack of sticky notes. She spent quite a while doing this while I was cleaning the kitchen the other night. By the time I noticed, it was too late to do anything but take a picture! I asked Bekah what I was supposed to do when I needed a sticky note, and she said to just grab one off the floor, of course! She thought she was being so helpful by putting them within easy access! This is what happens when your 13-year-old gives the dog a bath. Poor Sara is so abused and loved to death by everyone in this house. You can see how resigned she is to her fate. She does look really cute, though!