Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Random Questions

I know these might be crazy, but do you ever wonder...

where are Max and Ruby's parents?
Why do I always end up with only half the socks I put into the washer?
Why do my children think that the couch cushions are an acceptable alternative to the garbage can?
Why is it as soon as I pull out my sweaters, the temperature jumps to 76 degrees?
Why do your children only wake up early on Saturdays?
Why does everyone think my brain has a catalogue of the location of every item in this house?
Why does baby breath smell so good?
Why do I have to keep having my period, plus the migraines and cramps, when we are done having children? Isn't there an off switch somewhere?
Why is it that my husband can look at me with no makeup, no hairstyle, in my baggy sweats at the end of a long, hard day and tell me I am more beautiful than the day I married him? Is he delusional or losing his eyesight? Or hoping to get lucky? :)
Why is it that just when you are at the end of your rope, ready to strangle your preschooler for taking everything out of her dresser, that she chooses that moment to put her arms around you and say, "I love you, mommy!"?

I don't have any answers to these questions. I just wonder if anyone else is out there asking them?

And I really do want to know what happened to Max and Ruby's parents! It is very disturbing!

3 comments:

Melody said...

Tami, that cracks me up! I have always wondered where the heck Max and Ruby's parents are too! I have asked myself most of those questions, also, and in the coming years I suspect I'll ask the rest. I have also wondered why at the end of Backyardigans, it's almost always Pablo's stomach that grumbles. Doesn't his mother feed that kid?

Marianne said...

Mel, he just has a fast metabolism, of course his mother feeds him! He just gets hungry fast. I know this because Isaac is like that. He's hungry precisely five minutes after I get dinner cleaned up. I can set my watch by it.

Tami, I also know the answer to your question about why Becca knows exactly when to say "I love you, Mommy!" She knows it will melt your heart and her chance for getting spanked goes way down. Paul does it to me all the time.

XOXOXO!!!

Laurie said...

Yes, yes! The Max and Ruby enigma. I think I've actually asked Curtis that out loud.